Handling a Job Loss
These pages include resources, services, and advice designed to help you during a job transition.
- Coping with a Job Loss -- advice on what to do when you have lost your job, plus information on health insurance and Federal/state assistance programs
- Thoughts on Transition -- an article with advice on how to get through this difficult time, written by someone who is going through it himself.
- File for Unemployment Benefits -- links to the appropriate agencies for all 50 states plus DC, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
- Legal Issues in Employment & Hiring: Your Rights as A Jobseeker or Employee -- if you feel you were dismissed unfairly, these resources may offer you guidance on how to proceed.
- Networking & Support Groups -- these groups can assist you with the stress of your situation and guide you through a successful search.
- Consider More Training & Education -- if you need to update your skills, these resources can help you find the right training. We also have information on Financial Aid
- Email, ISP, & Domain Registration Services -- If you do not have a personal email account outside of work, we have a list of free services.