Directories of Recruiters
These are listings of recruiter directories. It is by no means comprehensive, but will give you some starting points. Many recruiting and search firms that concentrate on a specific region or industry are listed under those areas in the guide.
- Association of Executive Search Consultants
- ...represents retained executive search consulting firms worldwide, establishes professional and ethical standards for its members, and provides information to the profession, the media, and the public on the field of executive search. You can review a list of members for free, but they do refer you to their partner site Bluesteps for a more detailed search of the member list.
- Employment Agencies
- A collection of information on and links to over 6500 "employment agencies" (recruiters, coaches, and staffing agencies) around the world. You can review the list by location ("localization"), Agency name, or industry. It is a pretty good list and permits easy access to recruiters, etc., not in your larger industrialized countries. The site is operated by Internet Studios in Spain.
- Find A Recruiter
- ... a searchable directory of third party recruiters operated by Recruiters Online Network (RON). You can use this to search for recruiters who place individuals in the location you target, regardless of their physical presence. You merely select your field of interest and the location that interests you (a specific US state, Canada, Mexico, UK, or International) and a list of recruiters will be presented for you to review. Select the firm's name to see a description or select "View Jobs" to see all current searches this firm has posted in the RON database.
- Online Recruiters Directory
- ...free directory of recruiters, search firms, and more. You can submit resumes to the recruiters / search consultants listed, but you cannot get any contact information for a follow up, not even a website. However, it is a good place to do some preliminary searching.
- Oya's Recruiter Directory
- ...an old favorite has returned. This free directory allows you to search for recruiters by keyword or browse the listings by specialty of location.
- Recommended Recruiter
- ...this tool from Top Echelon allows you to search through their catalog of over 10,000 recruiters to find those who work in the fields and industries that interest you.
- Recruiting Life Member Directory
- ...this searchable member directory is supported by the National Association of Personnel Services! You can search for a specific recruiting firm by name or scan the listings by state or industry specialty. The resulting list includes company name and phone number along with a link to their website, if available.
- Powered by Cluen, a developer of recruiting software, SearchFirm is a searchable directory of international retained and contingency recruiters and interim staffing firms. Remember, keep your search criteria as broad as possible until you get a list that is just too large to work with! There is also a list of professional associations for recruiters which job seekers may find handy (look for searchable member lists on their websites).
- Staffing Agencies and Recruiters, Net-Temps.com
- ...this free directory lists staffing agencies and recruiters by state, major metropolitan area, or alphabetically by name. Each listing includes address, phone, and an email address (no website, but try the domain name in the email address). It also notes locations of operation and fields of expertise.
- Directory of Executive and Professional Recruiters, (a.k.a The Recruiter Red Book) from Kennedy Publications
- ..."the premier junior, senior and executive-level job seekers guide for researching and contacting recruiting firms that will best facilitate their career goals." Kennedy has been producing this directory for over 35 years. You essentially purchase the print edition and then access the data plus all updates through the website. Extremely inexpensive. This covers both US and International listings of executive recruiters.
- ...another product from Kennedy Information, it takes the data from their extensive Directory of Executive & Professional Recruiters and turns it into a powerful searchable database for your, allowing you to compile a variety of lists using varied criteria and using them in ways to benefit you best. Perhaps you'd like to create mailing labels, export your searches to Excel for better tracking of your campaign, or just build webpages so you can quickly click, connect, and contact the top recruiters matching your criteria. This annual subscription cost for this product is considerably more than The Recruiter Red Book (above), but it is a much more robust and flexible search tool. Job seekers may contact the publisher about special pricing.
- Custom Databanks, Inc.
- This is the info on executive search firms available through CareerSearch. This is a competitive product to Kennedy's, but in many cases they may provide more contact names for each firm listed. Select Download Data from the left menu to search their directories of Retained or Contingency search firms by industry or position specialty, salary range handled, and cities/states/regions (US and Canada). They will tell you how many records have been found and the cost before you buy, but here's another interesting feature. They'll tell you how many firms have email addresses, fax numbers, or merely postal addresses. You can buy whichever list you want based on your needs (but I suggest you don't limit yourself to those firms with email addresses.) You are buying a data file that can easily be imported into Excel or any word processor for mail-merge and campaign management. Custom Databanks has also made 2 other databases available through their website, Growth Companies and Venture Capital firms. Custom Databanks now offers eBook Directories of Executive Search Firms for the Kindle or Nook ereaders for an extremely reasonable price. Select your eBook from the list of those available.
- Oddity Software
- This is a database of over 5000 US recruiters. It has the recruiters' area of focus, addresses, phone numbers, and emails, where available. The company has a wide range of databases targeted for marketeers and web developers. Based on the sample they provide and the breadth of databases they offer, it appears that the list is generated from publicly available records and compiled by the firm.
|| Return to Sites with Job Listings